- The company “TOZA MARKOVIĆ” d.o.o. Kikinda is the largest and oldest producer of construction materials made of baked clay in Serbia; at the same time, the largest brick company in Southeast Europe. The company was founded by Mihael Bohn in 1866, the progenitor of brickwork and tiling in this area, which is why Kikinda is known as the CAPITAL OF TILES AND CERAMICS, i.e. the center of the brick industry in Serbia.
- The company “TOZA MARKOVIĆ” existed and successfully operated in several countries and state systems, sharing the path of Vojvodina and the city of Kikinda, being part of: Hungary; Austria-Hungary; Kingdom of Serbia; Kingdoms of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes; Kingdom of Yugoslavia; German Banat; Federative People’s Republic of Yugoslavia; Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia; Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
The company changed its name over time:
- “Bohn Brothers” until 1944;
- Brick and tile industry “Toza Marković” until 1959;
- Construction material industry “Toza Marković” until 1993;
- “Toza Marković” Joint Stock Company until 1998;
- Joint Stock Company “Toza Marković” since July 1998,
Ownership transformation (privatization) was achieved in 2006. according to the current law.
- “Toza Marković” d.o.o. from August 2016 until today.
Kikinda se nalazi na severu Srbije; na tromedji srpskog, rumunskog i madjarskog dela Banata. Grad ima 37.676 stanovnika. Sa još devet naseljenih mesta – sela; Opština Kikinda broji blizu 59.329 žitelja. Razvijena poljoprivreda, industrija gradjevinskog materijala, metalska i hemijska industrija čine Kikindu značajnim privrednim, trgovačkim i turističkim regionom. Ona je centar i sedište Severobanatskog okruga.